PIM Members automatically become members of the Printing Industries of America (PIA)
and the Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (GATF), and are thus eligible for an
impressive variety of useful services and benefits offered by PIA and GATF.
- Monthly Newsletter, PIM Graphic News.
- Free, Industry-Specific Video Library.
- Periodic Bulletins on Human Resources Issues.
- Each member's Services Listed on World Wide Web.
- Information Exchange, National Network.
- Information on New Products, Machines and Processes.
Education & Training
- Technology, Management, Sales & Marketing Seminars.
- Seminars Introducing Latest Technological Developments.
- EPA, OSHA & MIOSHA Compliance.
- Educational Resource Center.
- Labor Relations (union shops, employee handbooks, employee recognition programs, regulations).
- Sales & Marketing Seminars.
- Group Insurance Programs: Life, Disability, Medical, Property and Casualty, etc.
- PIM Workers Compensation Safety Group. For information contact Nick Wagner
- Interpretation of Laws and Regulations.
- Representation in Lansing and Washington, DC.
- Government Affairs Updates.
- Industry Representation with State Agencies (i.e. DEQ, MIOSHA, MESC, SUW, DNR, etc.)
Meetings & Events
- Annual Management Conference.
Discounted Products & Services
- Cellular Phone Discount.
- Industry Specific Books, Audio/Visual Tapes & Software.
- Long-Distance Telephone Service.
- Testing (Drug/Alcohol, Hearing, Physical Exams.)
- Overnight Shipping Discount.
- The Caliper Profile to Assist in Hiring.
- Xerox Discount Buying Power Program.
- Collections of Delinquent Accounts.
Human Resources Assistance
- Employee Handbook.
- Referrals of Human Resource Providers.
- Consultation via phone and email.
- University Relations and Other Career Development Activities.
- Individual Counseling - Employee Issues.
- Pre-employment Testing.
- Feedback and Comment on Human Resource Strategies.
- Resume Referral.
- Projects, Policies and Programs Submitted for Review.
- Wage and Salary Surveys.
- For Fee Customized/Company-Specific Consulting.
Other Resources & Services
- Membership Directory and Buyer's Guide.
- Equipment Exchange.
- Product/Service Referral.
- 401(k) Program.
- Credit Information Exchange.
- Graphic Arts Awards Program.
- Environmental Consulting.
- Monitor Trends in Printed, Digital and other Formats.
- Industry Statistics & Information
(sales, employment, comparisons number of firms, composition of the Industry, etc.)